Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Defenders

Defenders 1-10

One of Brian Michael Bendis’ last series at Marvel.  My original assessment still holds regarding the stunning fight scenes by David Marquez, the clutter of villains aspiring to be the next Kingpin, and the unsatisfying ending.


Heh.

Love this shot of Luke putting Frank Castle in a sleeper hold.



Breathtaking.

The less said about Deadpool's appearance the better.  But I liked this.

Bendis wrote himself into a corner, and this is his cop out workaround.


I take back what I said about the characterization.  Bendis continues to nail the Jessica/Luke relationship.  And he writes Danny Rand with an intelligence and generous heart that’s refreshing to read after the idiocy of the tv show and the blank slate of the other series.  (As good as the Fraction run is, I couldn’t tell you a single thing about his personality.)


This is fun, which is all I want out of it.  


Regret buying: No

Would buy again: Yes

Would read again: Yes

Rating: Good


No comments:

Post a Comment