Wednesday, November 2, 2022

Barry Ween

Adventures of Barry Ween, Boy Genius 1-3

Adventures of Barry Ween, Boy Genius 2.0 1-3

Adventures of Barry Ween, Boy Genius: Monkey Tales 1-6

Unlike most of the funny comics in my collection (The Tick, Bully Pulpit, My Monkey's Name is Jennifer, Street Angel, Magic Pickle, Rex Mantooth), Barry Ween is still as hilarious to me today as it was when I first read it over twenty years ago.  But even more effective are the moments of somber reflection and genuine emotion that punctuate the constant stream of laugh out loud moments.  




Nice to see the parents getting some.  (Or a lot, as the case may be.)





X-Ray specs are by definition cool wherever you want to use them.

"Shut the fuck up, Ray-Ray" makes me LOL every time.  It's the name, I think.


Impeccable comedic timing.

I love Roxy.  I get Tatiana Maslany vibes from her.

LOVE this drawing of Sara.

The perfect cover.  Perfect.

All of a sudden it's not so fun anymore.




SO heartbreaking.  Technically, there's was no cost, but in reality...


This remains one of my favorite comics ever.  No matter what Judd Winick produces for the rest of his career, I will always want him to do more Barry Ween


Regret buying: No

Would buy again: Yes

Would read again: Yes

Rating: Pure joy


No comments:

Post a Comment