Thursday, November 17, 2022

New comics

New comics!

Nightwing 98

Nightwing gets saddled with his own imp (like Mxy or Bat-Mite), with the twist that Nite-Mite is actually a decent sort of fellow.  Certainly he gives us two truly brilliant moments:


Hahahaha

Very obvious dialog, but still cute.


Batman White Knight Presents: Red Hood 2

Eh.  I’m okay with getting this from a completionist POV, but it’s ultimately nothing more than fine.


DCeased: War of the Undead Gods 4

I’m not surprised by the pairing of Alfred and Leslie Thompkins, and it makes a lot of sense, but I’m not as head over heels about it the way everyone in the comic is.  Otherwise, still more setup as Mxyzptlk makes his debut.


Love Everlasting 4

More mindbending awesomeness.  This time around, the heroine of the story realizes she can essentially give her and her beau a happily ever after because she knows that the story will end on a meta level once they kiss.  It’s really clever on Tom King’s part.  


Dark Knights of Steel 8

The war finally gets started in a shocking manner:



I expected the treachery, but not the brutality of it.

It's very simple, but I really like this Dan Mora cover.


Plus, Tom Taylor continues to write the best chemistry between Ollie and Dinah.  I don’t know why he doesn’t just do a series with the two of them.


Captain Marvel 43

Carol teams up with the X-Men to answer a distress call from Rogue.  Sergio Davila’s art disappoints, and while the story itself is fine, I really wonder if it’s enough for me to keep getting it.  


New Champion of Shazam 3

Doc Shaner’s art is the only thing keeping this on my list.  That and the fact that there’s only one issue to go. 


No comments:

Post a Comment