Thursday, November 3, 2022

GI Joe, New comics

New comics!
Batman: Beyond the White Knight 6

This series has lost all of its luster at this point.  The story is pretty much a slog at this point, and the lovely Sean Murphy art is the only thing keeping it around for me.


Human Target 8

Rocket Red’s the focus of this issue.  Not one of the stronger ones in this series, but certainly readable.


Iron Cat 5

This series, like White Knight, may have hit diminishing returns.  But it looks like the next Black Cat title by Jed MacKay is going to be Mary Jane and Black Cat.  Their previous team-up was excellent, so maybe that’s the kick this title needs to get back on track.


Variants 4

Jessica Jones finally goes back to the X-Men for help against the Purple Man, and it turns out it’s all in her head.  On the one hand I’m glad it’s not actually more Purple Man shenanigans.  On the other, I’m tired of the fact that this one thing is still defining so much of her personality.


With that now out of the way, the series will wrap up next month with the real villain, the Jewel variant.  Eh.  Maybe this will be better on the reread.


Cobra 17-21

GI Joe: Cobra Files 1-4

Aside from a Snake Eyes miniseries that’s in the mail as I write this, I believe these are the last issues of the superb Michael Costa run.  Given the piecemeal nature with which I filled in the gaps in my collection, I’d love to read this again from beginning to end.  


Regret buying: No

Would buy again: Yes

Would read again: Yes

Rating: Pretty good


No comments:

Post a Comment