Thursday, January 13, 2022

Journey Into Mystery

Journey Into Mystery 622-626

I bought this trade ages ago, having heard that Kieron Gillen’s run starring Kid Loki was fantastic.  All I know of the character is what I’ve seen from Young Avengers (oh right, Gillen wrote that too!), and I know that he dies at the hands of the new adult Loki, or something like that.


Eh.  This isn’t bad, but it’s got a bit too much scheming for my tastes, which is a problem since that’s to be expected from a comic starring the Prince of Lies.  I just can’t bring myself to care about any of his machinations, as clever as they may be.  It’s like a less fun version of Ocean’s Eleven.  


Not that there aren’t moments of humor, but this is an easy cut at the end of the day.


Heh.  Cheating fairly.

An astute observation.


Great comedic timing on this page.



Regret buying: No

Would buy again: No

Would read again: No

Rating: Fine (Cutting)


No comments:

Post a Comment