Monday, August 15, 2022

Ultimate Spider-Man

Ultimate Spider-Man 29-50

More of the same consistent excellence.  I think what’s keeping this from Really Good is the re-readability problem; As good as these are, I don’t need to revisit this title all that often.  It’s not like Ennis’ Punisher or Winick’s Barry Ween, where I’ll always be happy to pull it off of the shelf for another go.  


But this is so good.  How can I dock points just because I don’t want to read it all the time?  I’ll never watch Schindler’s List again, doesn’t mean it’s not a masterpiece.  Fine.  I’ve talked myself into it.  Really Good it is.  


Stuff that happens: A random guy kills Captain Stacy while wearing a Spider-Man costume.  Gwen moves in with the Parkers.  MJ breaks up w/ Peter.  Peter meets childhood friend Eddie Brock and the Venom symbiote.  MJ and Peter get back together.  Peter meets the X-Men.  And Geldoff (hah!)  The Kingpin returns.  Black Cat makes her first appearance.


Bendis is so good at these extended conversations.


What a great knowing look.

I've definitely written these letters.


Haven't been on the receiving of nearly as many...

Kitty crushing on Peter is inspired.




Once in a while, parenting goes right.


JJJ gets fleshed out some.


Regret buying: No

Would buy again: Yes

Would read again: Yes

Rating: Really good


No comments:

Post a Comment