Monday, August 1, 2022

Nimona, Fresh Romance

Nimona

I got this from my high school best friend (we initially met when I overheard him talking about The Death of Superman to someone else) for some reason or another.  (My birthday?)  


Apparently, this was originally a webcomic and won a bunch of awards.  It’s…fine.  It doesn’t speak to me on an emotional level, and I don’t really care about what happens to any of the characters.  It’s kind of the kiss of death for something like this.  I’d probably cut this if it wasn’t a present from my bestie.  


Regret buying: No

Would buy again: No

Would read again: Yes

Rating: Fine


Fresh Romance 1-2

I’m always in the market for a good romance comic, even if they’re few and far between.  This pair of anthologies doesn’t provide what I’m looking to buy.  (Though I did buy them.)  Out of nine stories, I actively liked four of them.  And three of those are super short.  If they weren’t so good, I’d cut both of these because the other five are pretty boring.


(For future me, the good ones are “Ruined,” “Beauties,” “First, Last, and Always,” and “The Only One.”)


Regret buying: No

Would buy again: No

Would read again: Yes

Rating: Didn’t suck (for the aggregate.  The good stories are obviously higher on their own.)

No comments:

Post a Comment