Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Batman: Year One, New Comics

New comic!

Jupiter’s Legacy: Requiem 1

I thought I’d have to reread all the previous series in order to understand what’s going on here, but I managed okay.  It’s fine enough, I’ve committed enough to this whole saga that I’m probably going to ride it out.  


Batman 404-407

Frank Miller and Dave Mazzucchelli’s immortal Batman: Year One.  There’s not much I can say about this story that hasn’t been said before, just that reading it makes me supremely happy.  Like broad-smile-on-my-face-as-I-read happy.  The art is so good, the writing is so good.  A few things I want to mention:


Classic.

Miller's got a lovely dry sense of humor.

Love the look on Selina's face.  Also, "bitter ends?"

Serious question, when did Alfred become Alfred?  Was it with Miller in DKR?


Look at how Mazzucchelli gets so much expression into Essen's face w/ just a few lines in that last panel.

I love how he draws her.


Regret buying: No

Would buy again: Yes

Would read again: Yes

Rating: Pure joy


No comments:

Post a Comment