Saturday, April 9, 2022

Elfquest

Elfquest TPB 5-6

Collecting the eight-part “Siege at Blue Mountain” arc.  The Wolfriders take on Winnowill in a final battle, and there’s a real sense of epic finality to it all.  Wendy and Richard Pini do a great job of building up the menace and big-bossness of the evil elf, and the whole thing is very third act.  


But despite all of this undeniably entertaining stuff, Elfquest is definitely suffering from diminishing returns with me.  While I had fun during the actual reading, I wasn’t as eager to get started as I was with the first issues, and I’m approaching the final trade (I’m missing volume 7) with a sense of relief that I’m almost done.  But don’t get me wrong, this is still good comics.


Her agony is so well drawn.


Phenomenal, complex storytelling through facial expressions.  Wendy Pini is an artist

Regret buying: No

Would buy again: Yes

Would read again: Yes

Rating: Pretty good


No comments:

Post a Comment