Saturday, September 10, 2022

DIE

DIE 6-20

Conclusion: It’s really hard to read a series where I have zero emotional connection to the characters.  I called this an intellectual joy yesterday, which it still is, but it turns out that isn’t enough to carry a series for twenty issues.  It’s particularly disappointing that the final boss is defeated by nothing more than “everyone says why RPGs are important to them.”  Blech.  


The art by Stephanie Hans is beautiful, if a little muddy for my taste.  I give Kieron Gillen credit for the amazing world he’s created, but it lacks any kind of heart.  Reading it ends up being more of a chore than a pleasure.  


This is so so true.


Nice.

Sweet visual.


I LOVE Ash's character design.

Regret buying: No

Would buy again: No

Would read again: Yes

Rating: Nice


No comments:

Post a Comment