Monday, June 27, 2022

Scalped

Scalped 6-18

Nope, Jason Aaron didn’t do enough with this to hook me.  Everyone remains unlikable despite the numerous flashbacks that show why their lives suck so hard.  (All the backstories slow the main plot down to a crawl.  The pacing’s totally jacked up, it takes a full trade to get from Gina’s death to the next day.)  Everything remains bleak with zero prospects of improvement.  (What makes it worse is that I have no doubt that people actually live like this.)  RM Guera’s art is muddy and actively prevents me from deciphering what’s going on.  I have a mild interest in finding out what happens next, but I’m not going to spend any money on it.  


Regret buying: No

Would buy again: No

Would read again: Yes

Rating: Fine

No comments:

Post a Comment