Thursday, March 24, 2022

V for Vendetta

V for Vendetta

I’ve read this at least five or six times, and even now, I can’t tell if I like it or not.  It’s certainly compelling enough that I read it in one sitting, and the craft and execution is definitely high.  But do I like the story?  Do the themes speak to me?  I really don’t know.  


The first half is better than the second; The machinations and scheming of both the officials and V aren’t as interesting as the world building and Evey’s ordeal.  


I think I need to be satisfied by the fact that I’ve read this at least five or six times, and that I actively chose this as the next thing I wanted to read.  I keep coming back to this, so there’s got to be something that makes me return.


Regret buying: No

Would buy again: Yes

Would read again: Yes

Rating: Good


No comments:

Post a Comment