Monday, March 7, 2022

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Book I-IV

The collection of the first Peter Laird/Kevin Eastman issues.  I bought these for nostalgia purposes; I originally read these in my middle school library, and I have very fond memories of them.  


Thirty years later, it holds up…pretty well.  The plots are nothing to write home about, but the energy of the creators carry it a long way, and the nostalgia factor gives it a little added oomph.  Plus, there are a few moments that are still as cool as I remember.


Eastman and Laird do pretty decent fight scenes.




Nice ninja moment for Raphael.

Great silent fight issue for Leonardo.

Plus, look at how much their art's improved.



Probably wouldn’t read these again, but still happy to own them.


Regret buying: No

Would buy again: Yes

Would read again: Yes

Rating: Pretty good


No comments:

Post a Comment