Saturday, February 19, 2022

Strangers in Paradise

Strangers in Paradise XXV 1-10

Five Years 1, 4

I’m lumping these together because SiP XXV isn’t a SiP sequel, it’s really a Five Years prelude.  It’s not bad on its own merits, but I don’t read SiP expecting Katchoo to play Jason Bourne.  


This really is Terry Moore’s Avengers: Endgame, bringing together the characters from all of his titles together to fight a literal world-ending threat.  (It’s actually worse than Thanos, since it’ll eliminate all life in the universe, not just half of it.)  Unlike my first readthrough, I enjoyed the thriller aspect of this comic, once I wrapped my head around the genre switch.  (Perhaps this would have been easier if I’d read any of Moore’s other comics.  He jumps around a lot with his genres.)


I will say this: While the apocalyptic McGuffin isn’t the strongest, I am definitely more interested in reading about the rest of Moore’s Avengers.  I already have Echo (unread), and depending on how that goes, may pick up Rachel Rising and Motor Girl.


Regret buying: No

Would buy again: Yes

Would read again: Yes

Rating: Pretty good


Terry Moore 25th Anniversary Sketchbook

I think Moore’s pencils are even more gorgeous than his inked work.  This thing was a joy to page through from start to finish.  A feast for the eyes.  Moore is amazingly talented.


Regret buying: No

Would buy again: Yes

Would read again: Yes

Rating: Really good


I tore through Misc Box 11 super fast.  I don’t have the stats, but ten days for a full box has to be close to a record for me.

Box summary

Time spent reading: 16 hours, 5 minutes

Issues read: 159

Issues cut: 0

Highlights (Good or better): Queen and Country 1-24, 26-32; Strangers in Paradise v2 1-13; Strangers in Paradise v3 13-15, 17-27, 31-32, 34-38, 40-45, 47-48, 50-60, 64-72, 74-90; Terry Moore 25th Anniversary Sketchbook


Project Summary:

Time spent reading: 47 days, 12 hours, 2 minutes

Issues read: 9995

Issues cut: 1094

No comments:

Post a Comment