Friday, October 22, 2021

Fraction Iron Man

Invincible Iron Man 516-527

Tony’s master plan to defeat the Mandarin comes to fruition.  It’s not really a master plan so much as “some of the pieces that he put into place happen to work out while he makes up a lot of it on the fly.”  The JARVIS AI that’s built into the Rescue armor turns out to be evil.  Rhodey plays at being Iron Man for a while.  Mandarin dies off page at the hands of Ezekiel Stane, a completely ignominious ending for a decades-old Marvel villain.  


It’s still all very entertaining, and it’s impressive that Matt Fraction was able to implement his entire grand vision for Tony Stark over this five year epic (and with Salvador Larroca as his partner for the whole run!).  The second half doesn’t measure up to the first, but overall, I’m really glad that I own this run.  I think that if it all burned down, I’d only buy up to issue 33, but I’m not sure if I wouldn’t get the rest for completionist’s sake.  


Up next is Brian Michael Bendis’ take on Tony!


Regret buying: No

Would buy again: No

Would read again: Yes

Rating: Nice


No comments:

Post a Comment