Sunday, October 24, 2021

Bendis Iron Man

Invincible Iron Man 1-14

There’s really nothing like Brian Michael Bendis on top of his game.  His writing absolutely sings, and I can lose myself in it for as long as it keeps going.  Pair it with exceptional artists like David Marquez and Mike Deodato and you get pure magic.  I’ll let the comics do the talking:


The Justin Posner colors on Madam Masque's face are on a completely different level.

I mean, look at that!

Love the Thor cameo.

Bendis does a magnificent job with all of the Tony/Amara conversations.

That line would work on me too.


Heh.  Nice button.


I know she mad at him, but daaaammn, that's cold.

The humor is spot on, but there's no way Doom ever talks like this.

It's great for laughs, but this is not Doom.

Same with Tony.  He's talking like Peter Parker here.

Still, I'll take the mischaracterization for this classic moment.

Marquez's MJ is SO cute.

I'd wondered where Pepper had gone.

Speaking of MJ, I love this Ross cover from a house ad in one of these issues.  So Romita-esque.

By the way, Riri debuts here.  Deodato draws her hair perfectly.

Issue 14 is just one long conversation between Tony and Carol.

It's just about perfect.

Of course, you need to read Civil War II to find out what happens.


Regret buying: No

Would buy again: Yes

Would read again: Yes

Rating: Really good (Pretty good for 6-13, the Techno Golem isn’t that compelling of a villain.)


No comments:

Post a Comment