Saturday, April 17, 2021

Bendis Superman

Yeah, Rogol Zaar is as pointless and generic as the first time I read this series.  Nothing involving him is remotely interesting to me.  The drawn out mystery behind Lois and Jonathan’s disappearance is almost as tedious, until the final issue.  Clark’s sadness over the departure of his family is completely relatable to anyone with a spouse and kid.  Plus, the drawer scene still cracks me up.




I didn’t get far enough into Bendis’ run to get to the payoff for Deputy Fire Chief Melody Moore, but I still like her.


Adam Hughes’ final splash page totally worked for me again.




Again, I’ll cut this if the rest of my Bendis issues continue to unimpress in this manner.

  

Regret buying: No

Would buy again: No

Would read again: Yes

Rating: Didn’t suck


No comments:

Post a Comment