Wednesday, December 13, 2023

MCU Good Parts

Thor: Ragnarok

Current rank: 17 of 33

Before rewatch:

  • Scenes I love: There’s some good stuff w/ Thor/Loki in this.  Thor v Hulk.  “Devil’s Anus” always makes me laugh.  The death of the Valkyries is a really pretty scene.

  • Expectations: Hela’s a waste of Cate Blanchett’s talent.  While I love the evolution of Thor towards a more humorous personality, I don’t love it as much as most of the people out there.  We’ll see if it stays squarely in the middle of the rankings.


Rewatch stats:

  • Time to process: 1:09

  • Length of cut scenes: 17:30 

  • Length of iffy scenes: 41:47

  • Length of total movie: 2:10:15

  • % with cut scenes: 87%

  • % with iffy scenes: 54%

  • Hero scenes kept: 62%

  • Villain scenes kept: 13%

  • Action scenes kept: 50%

  • Time of scenes I love: 0:00


After rewatch: Wow, even less good than I remembered.  So much of this is skippable.  (Almost half, apparently.)  Korg doesn’t age well; I loved him the first time around, but he wore so thin in Love and Thunder that I’m retroactively annoyed by him here.  Total case of overexposure.  


This plummets in the rankings.  I like it better than the Guardians movies, but is it even better than the first two Thors?  Yes, I think so.  What about Iron Man 3?  Probably not; RDJ is the tiebreaker there, I think.  It’s like an eight slot drop, depending on how the later films end up doing.


  1. Captain America: Civil War

  2. Captain America: Winter Soldier

  3. Avengers: Age of Ultron

  4. Avengers

  5. Captain America

  6. Spider-Man: Homecoming

  7. Iron Man 2

  8. Iron Man

  9. Ant-Man

  10. Dr Strange

  11. Iron Man 3

  12. Thor 3

  13. Thor

  14. Thor 2

  15. Guardians of the Galaxy

  16. Guardians of the Galaxy 2

  17. Hulk

No comments:

Post a Comment