Saturday, September 11, 2021

The Many Deaths of Laila Starr, Maria's Wedding

The Many Deaths of Laila Starr 1-5

The last issue of this series literally came out this week, but due to the box I’m reading, the re-read comes today.  The story by Ram V (Due to the impending discovery of an immortality solution on Earth, the goddess Death is fired from her job.  She reincarnates with the intention of killing the scientist responsible for the invention, but she keeps dying before she can finish the job.  And every time she comes back, she learns a little more about the human condition and starts to wonder if she really wants her old title back…) and art by Filip Andrade is perfectly matched to create a thoroughly satisfying, introspective experience.  As I said before, this is Death: High Cost of Living mixed with Daytripper, and the result is unique and beautiful.  I’m so glad I gave this a shot.


Regret buying: No

Would buy again: Yes

Would read again: Yes

Rating: Good


Maria’s Wedding

I love this graphic novel by Nunzio De Filippis, Christina Weir, and Jose Garibaldi.  It’s about the family dramas that take place at a large Italian wedding, the personality clashes, the love, the bonds that can’t be broken.  As the member of a large, tight-knit extended family myself, everything about this story sang to me.  


Also, this comic got me on to “Come Undone” by Duran Duran.




Regret buying: No

Would buy again: Yes

Would read again: Yes

Rating: Good


No comments:

Post a Comment