Sunday, June 27, 2021

Tom King Batman, New comics

New comics!

Shadecraft 4

I think Joe Henderson is done throwing twists at us and moving on to the main thrust of the story, but I could be wrong.  It feels like things will finally get going next issue.  


Old Guard: Tales Through Time 3

A total clunker of an issue.  I was disengaged the entire time, none of it connected with me.


Seven Swords 1

A can’t-resist concept: d’Artagnan gathers up the best swordsmen across literature to hunt down Cardinal Richelieu.  It’s a martial League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.  But things barely get going here, and I’m not sure there’s enough here for me to get the next issue.  


Batman 38-44

Original review.  The stories aren’t quite as good here, it’s the Mikel Janin and Joelle Jones art that saves the rating.  (I still think Selina could have broken into the dress shop in a less destructive manner.  That dress truly is divine, though.)



Beautiful lighting.

I don't care if I posted this image already.  I'm in love with this woman.


No way she takes out three Flashes.  Love how she ends with a pose, though.

Batman invented a pants machine.  King is brilliant.


Regret buying: No

Would buy again: Yes

Would read again: Yes

Rating: Pretty good


No comments:

Post a Comment