Wednesday, October 26, 2022

Vision

Vision 1-12

As good as I remember it.  (Though I don’t remember it that well, because I still found myself on the edge of my seat the entire time.  Virginia’s death still came as a surprise to me.)  It’s hard to believe that this is one of Tom King’s earlier works; along with Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow, it’s still my favorite series written by him, and honestly, it holds together better as a complete story.  (It’s interesting to me that my two favorite King stories are complete opposites in tone; One’s a bleak tale where things constantly go from bad to worse.  The other is about how one person’s goodness can push through the darkness and make the world a better place.)


The hits just keep coming for this family, and they never let up.  There’s a constant sense of foreboding, wondering when the next thing’s going to happen, the next thing that’s going to crush the lives of Vision, Virginia, Viv, and Vin.  It’s horrible, depressing, and glorious in the telling.



The comic is full of these little flashpoints.

So creepy.


Amazing art by Gabriel Hernandez Walta.


Regret buying: No

Would buy again: Yes

Would read again: Yes

Rating: Pure joy


No comments:

Post a Comment