Saturday, March 31, 2018

MODOK's 11, Ms. Marvel

Modok’s 11 1-5
I need to stop getting suckered in by MODOK comics.  They’re never as good as I want them to be, but is it so wrong to hope that there’s a great story somewhere inside that massive head?  

The highlight of the story comes with the reveal at the end, as MODOK’s ultimate goal comes to fruition.  The flow chart detailing his machinations is elegant in its simplicity, and because no one’s reading this, I don’t have to care about spoilers.  Also, I’m not keeping these comics, so I want to remember the best part.

Profit.
Regret buying? Yes
Would buy again? No
Would read again? No
Rating: Didn’t suck

Ms. Marvel 1-3
Why did I stop buying this?  Kamala Khan rocks, and she’s as awesome as Nadia Pym in Unstoppable Wasp.  It’s not like I don’t love her in Champions, what was I thinking? Time to start borrowing volumes from the library.  These stories need to be read, though I’m still not convinced that I’ll need to own them. As enjoyable as I found these three issues, and as fun as they are, I didn’t ever feel the need to revisit them the first time, nor this second time around either.  Odd for a comic that I’ve rated so highly.

Regret buying? No
Would buy again? Yes
Would read again? Yes
Rating: Pretty good

No comments:

Post a Comment