Thursday, February 1, 2018

Elektra: Assassin

Elektra: Assassin 1-8
This is a fever dream of a comic.  Garrett isn’t the only one who’s getting his mind screwed with;  It took everything that I had just to hang on to the story.  At the end of it all, I don’t think I liked the comic as much as I liked the experience of reading it.  

I’m struggling to come up with things to say about this.  But even as I flip through it for inspiration, I can’t latch on to anything.  Everything’s elusive and slips away before I can form a thought.  Let’s shift over to Sienkiewicz.  If nothing else, I can fill the rest of this with pretty pictures.

This whole thing is a visual marvel.  Every panel contains a new revelation.  I could legitimately choose a page at random and use it as an example.  In fact, let’s do that.  *Rolling dice*  Okay, issue 2, page 20.  What have we got?



Yep, I’m fine with that.

I don’t know what kind of mind came up with a helicopter that looks like this:



The decision to use the same image for Ken Wind’s face throughout the series is brilliant, creepy, and an inspired statement about politicians.  That he’s possessed by The Beast isn’t even necessary.


That’s all I’ve got today.  Ending with more Elektra.





Regret buying? No
Would buy again? Yes
Would read again? Yes
Rating: Pretty good  

No comments:

Post a Comment