Tuesday, October 29, 2019

Touch of Silver, Star Trek

My daughter was born last week.  So I’ve been a little busy. Things are going to be a lot more sporadic here as my reading time drops and my writing time plummets.  But let’s see how much I can do tonight.

Miscellaneous Comics Box 5 is done!
Box Summary:
Time spent reading: 15 hours, 1 minute
Issues read: 139
Issues cut: 0
Highlights (Good or better): Stray Bullets 1-10, Sin City, Sin City: Dame to Kill For, Sin City: Big Fat Kill, Sin City: That Yellow Bastard, Sin City: Hell and Back.  Frank Miller is the man.

Project Summary:
Time spent reading: 21 days, 20 hours, 8 minutes
Issues read: 4309
Issues cut: 572

Touch of Silver 1-5
Hated.  I have zero desire to read about a kid’s broken family life.  It doesn’t entertain me in any way. I bought this because it was critically acclaimed.  Not by me.  

Regret buying: Yes
Would buy again: No
Would read again: No
Rating: Hated (Cutting)

At this point, due to box shuffling, I’m jumping from Misc Box 6 over to my Star Trek/Star Wars box.

Star Trek: Countdown 1-4
The lead up to the JJ Abrams Star Trek reboot, telling the original ST universe’s side of the story.  Super fun to see what happened to the TNG crew all these years later.

Regret buying: No
Would buy again: No
Would read again: Yes
Rating: Nice

Star Trek: Q Conflict 1-6
Still as fun as the first time through, which wasn’t that long ago.  The fun does taper off as the series goes on and the writers fail to take full advantage of the crossover story opportunities between characters from the various shows, but it’s still entertaining.

Regret buying: No
Would buy again: No
Would read again: Yes
Rating: Nice

No comments:

Post a Comment