Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Star Trek, New Comics

Two new comics for the week.  (I opted to stop getting Second Coming, Batman/Superman, and Action Comics.)
Batman: Curse of the White Knight 4
Story of the series: Sean Murphy’s story is good.  His art is better. It continues to blow me away with its awesomeness.  

So much rage and grief on her face.

King Thor 2
An extended fight scene that’s fun enough.  But what really has me excited is the ad for a new Garth Ennis Punisher miniseries…

Star Trek Annual 3
Peter David, perhaps the greatest non-TV Star Trek writer ever (see: Q Squared, Vendetta, New Frontiers, Q-in-Law…), tells the story of Scotty’s first and greatest love.  It’s not quite as romantic as I remember, but it’s still not bad.

Regret buying: No
Would buy again: No
Would read again: Yes
Rating: Fine

Star Trek 50
I don’t know why I have this random issue (also written by Peter David).  If I was collecting David’s Star Trek comic run, I’d have way more of it.  Anyway, this is fine but forgettable.

Regret buying: No
Would buy again: No
Would read again: No
Rating: Fine (Cutting)

No comments:

Post a Comment