Saturday, September 21, 2019

Sojourn, Spencer and Locke

Another new comic:
Spencer and Locke 2 4
The final showdown between Beetle Bailey and Calvin & Hobbes.  Locke’s Spencer delusion (if that’s what you choose to call it) finally takes over in irreparable fashion, and Locke kills Beetle in a fit of rage while visualizing Spencer as the murderer.  The series ends in John Romita fashion, and I’m pretty sure that I’ll be walking away from the title as well. This was kinda fun, but I don’t need to spend any more money on it if there’s a third volume.  


The classic that spawned a thousand homages.

Sojourn 13-18
I don’t mind Greg Land’s photo reference so much as his inability to maintain a consistent hair style on Arwyn.  It’s so very distracting. Storywise, Ron Marz is...fine. As nice as I still find that art, I’m finding it harder and harder to justify keeping this second-rate fantasy title in my collection.  I’m halfway through the series, let’s see how it closes out.  

Okay, it's not just the hair.  Something about that face is thoroughly disconcerting.

Regret buying: No
Would buy again: No
Would read again: No
Rating: Fine

No comments:

Post a Comment