Thursday, November 30, 2017

Roger Stern Avengers

Avengers 229-234
The start of the Roger Stern run.  I’ll say right now that I’m not planning on cutting any of these issues, no matter how much they may suck.  Part of it’s because I don’t remember them sucking.  Part of it’s because it took a while for me to collect all the issues of Stern’s stint on this title, and I’m not going to break up the set.  Let’s see if it was worth the effort.

Stern starts his run…..Hmm.  It looks like I never got the first two issues of it.  I’m missing issues 227 and 228.  Ah well.  

Anyway, Stern starts his run cleaning up the Yellowjacket storyline before writing him off of the team.  It’s a fine redemption story with some nice emotional beats.  

Issue 232 adds Eros (aka Starfox) to the roster.  I remember him for one disturbing story over the next 40 issues, and absolutely nothing else.  The definition of a replacement player.  Just like issues 231-234.

Heh, Thor needs to empty his helmet.


No comments:

Post a Comment