Sunday, May 9, 2021

Batman minis

Batman: Ego 

I think this is Darwyn Cooke’s first DC work.  It’s...definitely not his strongest work.  Bruce Wayne argues with the Batman part of his psyche.  I don’t find it as interesting as most of the reviews I’ve read of it.  There are no real revelations in the conversation, so the art is the only real draw.  Unfortunately, Cooke’s rendition of Batman spirit is way too close to animated Clayface, and I’ve never been a fan of that design.



Okay, not as close as I thought.  Something about the teeth.


Regret buying: No

Would buy again: No

Would read again: Yes

Rating: Fine


Batman/Elmer Fudd Special 1

Moderately amusing, as Tom King mashes every Looney Toons reference he possibly can into a Batman murder mystery.  It works better than it should.


The title made me laugh.


Regret buying: No

Would buy again: No

Would read again: Yes

Rating: Nice


Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight Annual 7

Written by James Robinson, this is basically an excuse for him to build on the Savage mythology he constructed over in Starman.  (This really should be in that part of my collection.)  It’s a fun little story.  Turns out Bruce Wayne knows how to fix WWI era airplanes.  Of course he does.


Regret buying: No

Would buy again: Yes

Would read again: Yes

Rating: Pretty good


Batman’s Grave 1

I stand by my original review.  Bruce Wayne and Alfred both feel completely out of character, and the cliffhanger makes absolutely no sense to me.  No regrets about not buying more of this. 


Regret buying: Yes

Would buy again: No

Would read again: No

Rating: Disliked (Cutting)


No comments:

Post a Comment