Monday, February 22, 2021

Black Hammer

Black Hammer 1-11-13

Bought the first trade on the recommendation of a colleague.  I’m disappointed that I got the second.  Upon reflection, I’m sure it was a matter of “want to know what happens next” more than “I like this and must have more.”


There are a couple of nice moments - Eva’s death is pretty harrowing, and I like that Dr. Star is named Jimmy Robinson (an homage to James Robinson and his stellar run on Starman).  But other than that, the mood is too dreary, the art too drab (a mix of Mike Mignola and Guy Davis).  I may try to read the last 12 issues in the arc to see how it all ends, but these first 12 are getting cut.


(Went back to my initial reviews, and they almost completely mirror my thoughts today.)


Regret buying: Yes

Would buy again: No

Would read again: No

Rating: Fine

No comments:

Post a Comment