Friday, September 4, 2020

New Comics, Outsiders

A ton of new comics!

Black Cat 6-10

This is just so much fun.  Jed MacKay writes super entertaining adventures, and while the artists constantly rotate in and out, they’re all up to the task of bringing out the humor in his scripts.  Not sure if I should get the last two issues individually or hope that a trade comes out.


Perfect art (Dike Ruan) and lettering (Ferran Delgado) in the first panel.

I loled at the bones line

Die 13

Definitely better in trade, but I’m going to stick with it.


DCeased: Dead Planet 3

The first DCeased issue that isn’t exceptional.  Just knowing that the New Gods are entering the picture bores me to tears.  (Unless it’s Tom King writing Mr Miracle…)


Fire Power 3

The intrigue builds.  Kirkman and Samnee know what they’re doing.


Hawkeye: Freefall 6

A way darker ending than I expected.  Matthew Rosenberg and Otto Schmidt finish up this series strong.  Looking forward to more from either of these creators.


Strange Adventures 5

Alanna is reading more and more like a Lady MacBeth with each issue.  But it’s also a little too blatant.  Trusting Tom King to know what he’s doing.


She's ready to rule the world and look good doing it.

Wonder Woman 761

Yeah, I’m out.  It doesn’t look like Mikel Janin is drawing any issues starting from here, and Mariko Tamiko’s story isn’t good enough.  I find Maxwell Lord as boring as the New Gods.  


Outsiders 1-4

Starting Judd Winick’s 50-issue run.  I remember really liking this, and so far things are meeting the expectations of my memory.  A fun group of characters, and I really like the new (to me, at least) characters - Indigo, Grace, and Thunder.  I don’t think I’ve ever seen them outside of this title.


Regret Buying: No

Would Buy Again: Yes

Would Read Again: Yes

Rating: Pretty good


No comments:

Post a Comment