Friday, December 20, 2019

Transformers

Transformers/GI Joe: Divided Front 1
Dreamwave does another crossover, set in the present, but in continuity with the WWII story in my last entry.  The Pat Lee art is nice, but there’s nothing memorable about it. Past me stopped with this issue, and present me doesn’t even want that one around anymore.  

Regret buying: No
Would buy again: No
Would read again: No
Rating: Didn’t suck (Cutting)

Cybertronian 1-3
Transformers: More Than Meets the Eye 1, 3-8
Cybertronian is Transformers Universe, but for the toys.  It’s so cool, and it contains tons of little factoids that I didn’t know. More Than Meets the Eye is the Dreamwave version of Universe, so all the art’s in the Pat Lee style, which is fine.  I don’t have the same fond memories of these they I do with Marvel’s edition, but I love these kinds of books.

Regret buying: No
Would buy again: No
Would read again: No
Rating: Major feels

Transformers: War Within 1-6
Now I get into the Dreamwave take on Transformers.  This is the origin of Optimus Prime, with stunning art by Don Figueroa.  Turns out Simon Furman’s writing is a lot more entertaining when he’s got a top notch artist illustrating his stories.  I really like Figueroa’s take on the Transformers’ Cybertronian robot and vehicle modes.

Regret buying: No
Would buy again: No
Would read again: Yes
Rating: Nice

No comments:

Post a Comment