More new comics that have backed up.
Batman 13
Matteo Scalera and colorist Tomeu Morey create a Kelley Jones tone here. Batman fights his way to the top of GCPD headquarters in a very poor man’s version of The Raid. Vandal Savage is the final boss on the roof, and we’ll see how it goes next issue. It’s fine. I’m not that excited about this “Bad Seeds” crossover event.
Fantastic Four 16
One of Ryan North’s weaker efforts. The FF violate the Prime Directive on an alien world and go through convoluted lengths to fix the situation. Not his most inspired work.
Supergirl: Survive 4
Kara and Kal-El experiment with their powers, then meet an exiled Braniac. This is the evil one, right? So him building a gateway to the Phantom Zone can only lead to bad things, right? I love how this continues to surprise me and leave me guessing.
Daredevil 6
I tried. But Flaviano as guest artist starkly illustrates how weak Stephanie Phillips’ writing is on this title. And while I love Lee Garbett, he’s no Hayden Sherman. He needs at least some semblance of story backing him up to keep me buying. Cutting from my sub.
No comments:
Post a Comment