Saturday, September 5, 2026

New comics

New comics!

Absolute Wonder Woman 23

It’s so nice to have Hayden Sherman back.  He’s so perfect on this book.  And angry Diana’s awesome too.  Don’t fuck with her.  


Dark Knights of Steel II 2

Amanda Waller continues to execute her nefarious plans, and the only reason it’s not pissing me off is because of my anticipation of her inevitable comeuppance.  Otto Schmidt always rocks.  


Batman: Bad Seeds: Sunset 1

The start of a mega Bat-crossover that I only got because Matt Fraction did half the writing.  (With G. Willow Wilson on the other half.)  TLDR: Poison Ivy (Mayor of Gotham somehow) surrenders Gotham to the Parliament of Trees to terraform into a prehistoric floral mess.  Vandal Savage (GCPD Commissioner somehow) sets out to oppose her and cement his authoritarian control of the city.  It’s fine, but I won’t be picking anything up outside of Batman and Detective, which I’m already getting.  Oh, and Greg Rucka is doing a Gotham General two-parter that I’m trying out for sure.  (Hoping it’ll be in the same vein as Gotham Central.)


No comments:

Post a Comment