Wednesday, July 24, 2024

New comics

Birds of Prey 11

I thought I cut this, but apparently there was one more waiting for me.  Such a gorgeous book by Robbi Rodriguez, Javier Pina, and Gavin Guidry.  Why can’t Kelly Thompson make it work storywise??


Scarlett 2

At least she’s doing a bang up job with Scarlett!


Helen of Wyndhorn 3

So far, this has been a surprisingly straightforward series by Tom King.  The last time things were so unconvoluted might very well have been Supergirl, another Bilquis Evely collaboration.  FIne by me, this is a wonderful book.


Zatanna: Bring Down the House 1

The beautiful Javier Rodriguez cover caught my eye, the Mariko Tamaki writing credit sucked me in, and the combination of the two creators has me sticking around for the rest of this series.  A great start to an origin story that I’ve never considered before.


Fantastic Four 21

Reed and Alicia have a rare team up in part one of this Blood Hunt tie-in.  Not bad, but still entertaining.


Ultimate Spider-Man 5-6

This Spider-Man Elseworlds is super fun, something that really doesn’t read like a Jonathan Hickman comic.  It strays just far enough from the 616 to qualify as different, but still feels comfortably familiar.  A lot like Bendis’ Ultimate Spider-Man in that way.  (But not nearly as good.  That was a masterpiece, after all.)

No comments:

Post a Comment