Wednesday, May 22, 2024

New comics

Always new comics.

Avengers 12

I was sure I cancelled this title, but I guess I got this last one in my sub box.  It’s a tie-in with the Fall of the House of X arc.  It’s fine, but not nearly enough to change my mind.


Rare Flavours 5

Things are wrapping up, and this is still wonderfully engaging.  It’s like Iron Wok Jan, but with cannibalism.  


Helen of Wyndhorn 1-2

Tom King is back with another title.  (Seriously, how is he this frickin’ consistent and good?)  It’s also so nice to see Bilquis Evely again, after her magnificent Supergirl: Woman of Tomorrow.  The story here isn’t groundbreaking, but King’s writing elevates it way above boilerplate.


Wonder Woman 8

Seeing Wonder Woman tied up and humiliated is extremely uncomfortable for me.  It’s a good thing she breaks out at the end of the issue, since she’s a total badass. 


No comments:

Post a Comment