Sunday, March 17, 2024

New comics

SO behind.  

Justice League vs Godzilla vs Kong 5

I’m done.  Something like this needs to feel grandiose, over the top, eye-poppingly exciting.  After a promising first issue, this series has delivered none of those things.  


Rare Flavours 4

Ram V writes stories unlike anything else that I’ve read.  Here we have a cooking comic framed by a cannibalistic god looking to make a documentary.  ???  It’s wonderful.


Animal Pound 2

This is basically a lesson in the creation of a government from scratch.  Tom King is showing us the Founding Fathers in animal form, and I love it.  (That said, I’d love even more to see King write a comic about the creation of the US Constitution…)


Transformers 5

I love what Daniel Warren Johnson brings to the comics world. I love that Arcee is the first warrior that Optimus wants to bring back.  I love his Devastator splash on the last page.  No one draws pure energy on the page like he does.  


Nightwing 111

Nightwing no longer has the pop it used to, probably directly connected to Bruno Redondo’s departure.  But Tom Taylor still writes a good comic, and I love his relationship between Dick and Bruce.  


Action Comics 1062

Not the best, not the worst from Jason Aaron.  I’ll probably give it this and one more arc.  A sane Bizarro Joker feels like it’s been done before, but I’m curious to see where Aaron takes it.


Wonder Woman 6

I find that I’m always a little reluctant to read Wonder Woman when it’s on my buy pile.  There’s something about it that I find daunting, and I can’t put my finger on why.  But whenever I finish reading it, I inevitably wonder what I was so worried about.  This may very be the definitely take on Diana.  King is killing this.


Penguin 7

Penguin: Year One continues.  I’m not sold on this retcon of Batman and Cobblepot’s early relationship, but at least it’s well executed by Tom King.


Batman: Brave and the Bold 9

Tom King and Mitch Gerad’s Joker story finally comes to a close.  Nine issues to finish a four-part story.  I really need to read this start to finish, I’m pretty sure it’s going to be awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment