Tuesday, June 27, 2023

New comics

New comics!

Superman 5

This issue is a drastic improvement over the previous one.  Joshua Williamson does a great job of making me care about the relationship between Jimmy Olsen and Silver Banshee, and Jamal Campbell does his usual phenomenal job of drawing the heck out of it.  Then there’s the final scene where Lex calls out for Superman’s help for the first time - and is met with no response.  Very well done.


Nightwing 105

The whole issue’s done from Dick’s POV.  So good to have Bruno Redondo back.  Love his Barbara Gordon.


Nice sight to wake up to.


Titans 2

I’m so glad this spun out of Nightwing so that I don’t have to read it anymore.  It’s the rare miss from Tom Taylor.  And Nicola Scott’s art isn’t as good as I remember it to be.  I may give this one more issue, but I may not.  


Wonder Woman 800

An absolute mess of an issue.  The main story is an incomprehensible mess of a jam issue with a few nice pages of art.  I only got this to see the beginning of Tom King’s run on the title, and that part of it is intriguing.  


Avengers 1-2

I wasn’t going to get this initially, even with Jed MacKay and CF Villa as the creative team.  The first issue didn’t look that special during the in-store flip through, and the new team lineup wasn’t particularly interesting.  But the second issue perusal revealed MacKay’s grand plan, and it’s super fun so far.  And there’s a nice chill-inducing moment:


What indeed?

No comments:

Post a Comment