Thursday, January 21, 2021

Amazing X-Men, New Comics

More new comics!

DCeased: Dead Planet 7

Have I reached the point of diminishing returns for this franchise?  Epic things happen, but they lacked any of the emotional intensity that previous Tom Taylor installments of this series have provided.  Ah well.  


Batman/Catwoman 2

How many times can I say the same thing about the early issues of a Tom King series?  Lots of seemingly disparate things happen, which will no doubt be tied together by the end of it all.


That's a nice Phantasm by Clay Mann.


Future State: Catwoman 1

Purchased entirely for the Otto Schmidt art, totally worth it.


Rorschach 4

Faux-Rorschach’s story isn’t nearly as interesting as The Kid’s Origin from last issue.  Maybe I’m just sick of all the crazy stupid conspiracy theorists IRL to put up with one in my escapist hobby.


Amazing X-Men 1-4

So I picked up the Age of Apocalypse issues I was missing for 7 bucks.  I don’t regret it for completionist sake, but these issues aren’t all that interesting, and it’s not Andy Kubert at his best, either.


What is up with that pose?

Regret buying: No

Would buy again: Yes

Would read again: Yes

Rating: Fine


No comments:

Post a Comment