Friday, October 9, 2020

World's Finest, Young Justice, Zatanna

World’s Finest 1-3

The New 52 reboot, with Huntress and Power Girl from Earth 2.  I don’t know why I bought this, my original intentions are as forgettable as the plot.  Even the George Perez and Kevin Maguire art can’t save this.


Regret buying: Yes

Would buy again: No

Would read again: No

Rating: Boring (Cut)


Young Justice 1-3

The Brian Michael Bendis reboot for the Wonder Comics imprint.  This should have been a home run, stacked with awesome DC characters and a great writer.  Instead, it’s surprisingly boring - Gemworld is a non-starter for me, and the chemistry between characters doesn’t click.  Keeping it around because there’s a chance it’ll grow on me at some point in the future.  


Regret buying: No

Would buy again: No

Would read again: No

Rating: Boring


Zatanna 1-6

There was a period of time where I kept buying stuff written by Paul Dini.  My thinking was that the guy who created the Batman Animated Series has to be worth a look on whatever he does, right?


Not so much, I’ve been unimpressed with Gotham City Sirens and now this.  Though to be fair to Dini, I have yet to see any kind of evidence that Zatanna can headline her own title.  I couldn’t tell you anything about her personality or character, and I loathe deciphering her backwards spells.  It grinds the reading experience to a halt and rips me out of the flow.  (Kind of like reading Etrigan’s rhymes.)  An easy cut for me.


Regret buying: Yes

Would buy again: No

Would read again: No

Rating: Boring (Cut)


And that’s it for a short DC Box 8, I’ve reached the end of the alphabet for this publisher.  

DC Box 8 summary

Time spent reading: 4 hours, 41 minutes

Issues read: 44

Issues cut: 13

Highlights (Good or better): Legend of Wonder Woman


Project Summary:

Time spent reading: 30 days, 2 hours, 0 minutes

Issues read: 6171

Issues cut: 815

No comments:

Post a Comment