Monday, January 13, 2020

New Comics

That’s the end of a shortened Misc Box 7!
Box Summary:
Time spent reading: 5 hours, 47 minutes
Issues read: 61
Issues cut: 0
Highlights (Good or better): Wizard’s Tale

Project Summary:
Time spent reading: 23 days, 21 hours, 7 minutes
Issues read: 4700
Issues cut: 598

New comics from the past two weeks!
Punisher: Soviet 3
More Garth Ennis war stories.  Punisher shows up for 11 mostly wordless panels.  He’s always been a good listener.

Hawkeye: Freefall 1
I like Matt Rosenberg from his Hawkeye/Winter Soldier miniseries.  Otto Schmidt I like from the art he posts on Twitter. Their combined effort is a ton of fun, and I’m in for more.

Lois Lane 7
Another clunker, the second in the past four issues.  Pair that with a so-so issue 6, and I’m seriously doubting the likelihood that I pick this up anymore.  

Joker/Harley: Criminal Sanity 2
Still enjoying Harley as a criminal profiler.  Not seeing how she falls in love with this version of the Joker (as opposed to the superb Harleen, where her fall was preordained from the start), and I’d be pleased if Garcia doesn’t go down that predictable route and tries something different.

Black Cat 1-5
I picked up the trade after reading some strong reviews.  J. Scott Campbell’s lovely covers don’t hurt either. (Though let’s be clear, I don’t buy comics based on the covers.)  Jed MacKay writes a thoroughly entertaining and fun title, and Travel Foreman mixes in a strong dose of humor with some excellent storytelling.  Definitely getting the next collection.

Heh.  MacKay would write a fun Dr Strange.

Really like the way Foreman draws Felicia leaning on her hand.

Heh.


Batman 70-74
Batman Secret Files 2
Eh, not feeling this trade as much.  I’m already pot committed, so I’ll be finishing out Tom King’s run regardless.  But alternate universe Thomas Wayne doesn’t interest me, and I’ve never liked stories where no one believes the hero.  So, meh. That said, Mikel Janin still draws a gorgeous page.

Perfect staging and sizing of the characters in the scene.
Same thing here.

Love a good Batgirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment