Thursday, September 19, 2024

New Comics

More new comics!

Batman: Dark Age 5

This is still not bad, but I’ve pretty much lost all interest.  Only one issue to go.


Jenny Sparks 1

This fits in the “starts off a bit incomprehensible” camp of Tom King’s books.  


Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2

Jason Aaron’s really nailing it.  It’s a very generic “I have everything that I want now that I’m rich and famous, why am I so unhappy?” story.  (Listen to Britney Spears’ Lucky.)  I suppose mixing in ninja and diamond nunchaku separates it from all the others 🙂


Transformers 12

This story arc ends, and I’m done with the title as well.  A month after saying I’m going to stick around for the full 24 issues, I’m tapping out.  It’s missing something.  Can’t explain it, but it’s definitely lacking something crucial.


Helen of Wyndhorn 4

So effing good.  This is why I love Tom King.  And he collaborates so well with Bilquis Evely.


Zatanna: Bring Down the House 3

I know it’s magic and all, but this is getting too psychedelic for my taste.  Still, the art by Javier Rodriguez is good, and maybe Mariko Tamaki can turn it around.  The arrival of John Constantine is a promising addition.


Fantastic Four 23-25

I so wish that Ryan North’s excellent run was paired with a better artist than the perfectly fine Carlos Gomez.  North’s scripts don’t always land perfectly, but the originality of the ideas deserves pencils of equal quality.


No comments:

Post a Comment